ClioReads

Heidi Hart

April Reading Re-Cap: One of these Books is Not Like the Others/One of these Books Just Doesn't Belong

Destiny's Embrace - Beverly Jenkins Like No Other Lover - Julie Anne Long Plain Jayne - Laura Drewry The Sinners Club - Kate Pearce Live - Mary Ann Rivers Just the Sexiest Man Alive - Julie James Between the Devil and Ian Eversea - Julie Anne Long Alexander Hamilton - Ron Chernow

You know that old Sesame Street song: "One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong…" Well, for obvious reasons, that popped into my head as I went back through my shelf to recap what I read this month: Ron Chernow's Alexander Hamilton bio is a definite departure from my usual "light reading" fare.

It was a tough month. I loved Mary Ann River's Live (and I've just requested the next in the series, Laugh, from NetGalley, though its publication date is next Tuesday), and I really enjoyed Alexander Hamilton, which I've been working my way through for months… but everything else this month was just "meh." Hopefully, May will bring better books (though having just given three stars to Jennifer Dawson's Take a Chance on Me, I'm still feeling very much in the "meh" rut.)