ClioReads

Heidi Hart

Reading progress update: I've read 27%.

Written on Your Skin - Meredith Duran

This is the point (20-25%) where I usually DNF a book that isn't working for me, and boy, is this not working. If I hadn't really enjoyed virtually everything else I've ever read by Duran, I'd've quit already. I can't figure out what the problem is, except that the plot is convoluted and each new scene leaves me disoriented, working to figure out what's going on and how we came to this point. Worse, as I posted before, I'm having a heck of a time giving a shit. The heroine's mother is missing, probably kidnapped. I should care, right? The hero appears to have PTSD and an opiate addiction. I should care, and be rooting for him to pull himself together, right? The heroine was imprisoned by some vaguely menacing septuagenarian, but she seems to have escaped somehow. I should wonder how, right? ... Yeah, big fat NO on all counts. I have no shits to give.

Duran, I'm giving you to the end of this chapter to turn this thing around, mmmkay?