ClioReads

Heidi Hart

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Truly - Ruthie Knox Live - Mary Ann Rivers The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion Brain Rules for Baby: How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five - John Medina Alexander Hamilton - Ron Chernow As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride - Joe Layden, Cary Elwes, Rob Reiner Outlander - Diana Gabaldon The Legend of the Golden Snail - Graeme Base Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

I have completed Sock Poppet's A-Z 2014 Reading Challenge, and at 182 books so far, I'm on track to meet my 2014 goal of 190 books.

Here's my A-Z list (the date is the date I finished the book, and the number in parentheses is how many stars I rated it):

A is for April (the month in which you read the book)Live, Mary Ann Rivers, 4/13/14 (5)
B is for Bathing Suit (this book takes place at least partly in hot weather months)Sweet Filthy Boy, Christina Lauren, 9/29/14 (takes place in Paris in the summer) (3.5)
C is for Children's bookLegend of the Golden Snail, Graeme Base, 3/27/14 (4.5)
D is for Doctor (one of the characters)The Last Wicked Scoundrel, Lorraine Heath, 1/10/14 (3)
E is for Ever (in the title)(N)ever Judge a Lady by her Cover, Sarah MacLean, 12/5/14 (2.5) (It's possible I cheated just a tiny bit with this one.)
F is for Family (book is about a family or family relationships)Firefly Hollow, T.L. Haddix, 5/18/14 (3.5)
G is for Geography (the story takes place in at least two different countries)The Rosie Project, Graeme Simsion, 1/5/14 (5)
H is for Heart (it's a love story)Truly, Ruthie Knox, 8/2/14 (5) (I read a lot of love stories. This is my favorite in a long, long time.)
I is for Ice (the setting is cold - snow, ice, rain)The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky, 6/14/14 (3.5)
J is for Jokes (the book is humorous)Yes Please, Amy Poehler, 11/29/14 (4) AND As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of 'The Princess Bride', Cary Elwes, 11/21/14 (4.5) (November was a funny month.)
K is for Keyboard (at least one character plays a musical instrument)Her Favorite Temptation, Sarah Mayberry, 1/6/14 (4)
L is for Lamp (the book takes place before electricity was discovered) -- Saving Grace, Julie Garwood, 1/26/14 (3)
M is for Mom (one of the characters)Raising Boys, Third Edition: Why Boys are Different and How to Help Them Become Happy and Well-Balanced Men, Steve Biddulph, 2/27/14 (3.5) (In case it's not clear, I am the Mom in question -- not a character in the book, but certainly drawn to read it as a mother raising two small boys without a father.)
N is for New-to-you author – I discovered lots of new authors this year. Three whose entire series I totally glommed on to include Sarina Bowen, Ivy Years series, Penny Reid, Knitting in the City series, and Delphine Dryden, Science of Temptation series.
O is for Out of This World (where the story takes place)Owned and Owner, Anneke Jakob, 10/9/14 (1.5)
P is for Pilgrims (the story involves moving someplace new)Into the Winderness, Sara Donati, 3/25/14 (2.5)
Q is for Question Mark in the titleAre you Ready to Play Outside?, Mo Willems, 6/28/14 (4)
R is for Run (the main character is running from something)Beauty and the Bounty Hunter, Lori Austin, 6/2/14 (4) (This book is more like an action movie than a romance novel.)
S is for Sequel to a book you've already readBook of Life, Deborah Harkness, 7/28/14 (3) (In truth, this is not a sequel but the conclusion of a trilogy.)
T is for Time (the book travels time, moves through time quickly or flashes back)Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince, J.K. Rowling, 1/10/14 (4.5)
U is for Useful (which you found the book to be) -- Brain Rules for Baby, John Medina, 4/23/14 (5) (If you only ever read one parenting book, let it be this one.)
V is for Veteran (at least one character is/was a member of a military force)Rumor Has it, Jill Shalvis, 2/25/14 (4)
W is for Wind (the book blew you away)Alexander Hamilton, Ron Chernow, 4 April 2014 (4.5) (It took me more than a year to get through this, but so, so worth it.)
X is for XXIV (it's the 24th book you read this year)Alone with You, Shannon Stacey, 2/25/14 (2.5)
Y is for Yo-Yo (your emotions were up and down as you read the book) - Outlander, Diana Gabaldon, 1/15/14 (4.5) (I glommed the first four books of the Outlander series this year, but I think I've reached my ridiculousness threshold.)
Z is for Zoo (there is an animal on the cover)Christian the Hugging Lion, 3/20/14 (4)

This was a lot of fun, and I'm already looking forward to next year's challenge!