ClioReads

Heidi Hart

Only halfway through, and already I want to give this 5 stars!

As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride - Joe Layden, Cary Elwes, Rob Reiner

I used my monthly Audible.com credit on the audiobook version of Cary Elwes' memoir of the making of The Princess Bride. I'm about halfway through, and I'm loving this so far. I have only recently started listening to audiobooks, and I'm not really a convert yet, because I get annoyed at the pace (since I read faster than I listen) and at the fact that I can't highlight and make notes (especially since I usually listen while driving), but this is the rare exception where I'm so much happier with the audiobook than the print alternative. That's because not only is the bulk of the book written and narrated by Cary Elwes (so it's as if Farm Boy Westley is reading to me, swoon), but director Rob Reiner, writer William Goldman, and most of the cast (Billy Crystal, Mandy Patinkin, Robin Wright, Wallace Shawn, Carol Kane, etc) all contributed to the memoir and read their own "parts" in the audiobook, so it's more like listening to a cast reunion special than it is like listening to just Elwes' reading his own memoir.